What new in Firebase 2022
Summary note of What's New in Firebase in Google I/O Extended Bangkok 2022 by @Jirawat Karanwittayakarn and Somjintana Korbut, 2 Firebase GDEs from Thailand.
Tool for Accelerate app development
- Custom event (available some extensions)
- Setup Typesence Cluster & Add schema
- Install Extensions to sync data from Firestore
- Write search UI
- Environment variables
- call variable from process.env.VARIABLE
- Cloud Function V2
- based on GCS platform
- Firebase Alerts Events
- Changes and enhancements in Cloud Functions v2
- Secure your callable and HTTP functions with a new CORS
- Firebase Alerts events
- Task Queue functions
- Long-running In HTTP function (Up to 1-hour timeout)
- Firebase Deploy to the rescue
- Handle model web framework setup. Developer preview —> (Next.js, Angular)
- Update new data viewer help to manage data type.
- Performance when needed to explore all data.
Firebase + Flutter
- 62% of Flutter developers use Firebase
- Fully-supported Integration
Firebase + Swift
- use swift codebase.
- without codable.
- async/await function.
Firebase App Check
- filter all requests to your server.
Run your app with confident
- share your app to test before launch your app.
- new build available event.
Firebase Remote Config
- Use ML to predict config variable.
- Real-time alerts general availability
- App start time
- Network calls
- Screen rendering
- Web page loads